Jacknife Lee [IRE]

Here where all the legends are living!

Moderator: lampard.serg

Jacknife Lee [IRE]

Postby lampard.serg » 12 Apr 2017, 10:34

PHOTO

BIOGRAPHY

Garret "Jacknife" Lee is an Irish music producer and mixer. He has worked with a variety of artists, including The Cars, U2, R.E.M., Robbie Williams, Snow Patrol, Bloc Party, AFI, The Hives, Weezer, One Direction, Silversun Pickups, Editors and Taylor Swift.

HISTORY

Lee started as a guitarist for the punk band Compulsion, then pursued a solo career in the field of electronica after the band's break-up. His first solo work, the EP A Dog Named Snuggles, was released under the name Jacknife Lee in 1998 by Pussyfoot Records, a label founded by Howie B.

Lee released his first album Muy rico in 1998. His second album Punk Rock High Roller was released in 2001 by Palm Pictures. To Hell With You I'll Make My Own People was recorded as Jack Planck for the One Little Indian label. Jacknife Lee released his self-titled third solo album in 2007.

Jacknife Lee has also remixed a variety of artists' work including a version of Run-DMC's "It's Tricky 2003", The Future Sound of London's "The Mello Hippo Disco Show" and versions of U2's "Vertigo" which was limited released onto 7", 10" and 12" vinyl, Christina Aguilera, TLC, Pink, Blur, Radiohead, Missy Elliott, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, The Raveonettes, Kraftwerk, New Order, and Kasabian. In 2008 he produced R.E.M.'s Accelerate, Bloc Party's Intimacy, Two Door Cinema Club and Crystal Castles. In 2010 he produced R.E.M.'s last album Collapse into Now, released in 2011.

DISCOGRAPHY

Albums:

Muy Rico! 1999
Punk Rock High Roller 2000
Jacknife Lee 2007

Singles, EP's:

A Dog Named Snuggles ‎(12") 1998
Kitty Litter 1999
Bursting Off The Backbeat 1999
Easy 2000
Aloha Satellite Special 2000
Jacknife Lee / The Freelance Hellraiser* vs Blur & Marianne Faithfull - Kissin Time 2002
Run DMC* vs Jacknife Lee - It's Tricky 2003
Fear Of Nothing ‎(12", Etch) 2004
Making Me Money 2007

MORE INFO https://www.discogs.com/artist/8082-Jacknife-Lee
running wild & no skillz
lampard.serg
Постоялец CTF

Return to Legends of Breakbeat/Big Beat Music